Sprouted in the holistic land of India somewhere around 5,000 years ago, Ayurveda is the science behind life and longevity. The word Ayurveda is conjured up of two words - 'Ayuh' and 'Vedia', where 'Ayuh' stands for life and 'Veda' stands for knowledge or science. Hence, in holistic totality, the term 'Ayurveda' means'The Science of Life'.It is an integrated approach that not only leads to prevention and treatment of illnesses through lifestyle interventions and natural therapies, but it also incorporates spiritual, social and psychological aspect of a human being.
According to Ayurveda, the human body is made up of three core principles; namely:
TRIDOSHAS (BIO-HUMOURS OR PHYSIOLOGICAL ENTITIES)
- Vata dosha, in which the air and space elements dominate.
When Vata governs in your body, you seem to have the following:
- Prana Vata:The senses, creative thinking, reasoning, enthusiasm.
- Udana Vata:Quality of voice, memory, movements of thought.
- Samana Vata:Movement of food through digestive tract.
- Apana Vata:Elimination of wastes, sexual function, menstrual cycle.
- Vyana Vata:Blood flow, heart rhythm, perspiration, sense of touch.
And, when Vata is out of balance in your body, you are susceptible to encounter the following:
- Prana Vata:Worries, overactive mind, sleep problems, difficulty breathing.
- Udana Vata:Dry coughs, sore throats, earaches, general fatigue.
- Samana Vata:Slow or rapid digestion, gas, intestinal cramps, poor assimilation, weak tissues.
- Apana Vata:Intestinal cramps, menstrual problems, lower back pain, irregularity, diarrhea, constipation, gas.
- Vyana Vata:Dry or rough skin, nervousness, shakiness, poor blood flow, stress-related problems.
- Pitta dosha, in which the fire a.k.a. 'agni' element dominates. Here, the body is governed by metabolism, heat and controls how we are digesting our food and metabolising our sensory perceptions.
When Pitta governs in your body, you seem to have the following:
- Alochaka Pitta:Functioning of the eyes.
- Bhrajaka Pitta:Healthy glow of the skin.
- Sadhaka Pitta:Desire, drive, decisiveness, spirituality.
- Pachaka Pitta:Digestion, assimilation, metabolism for healthy nutrients and tissues.
- Ranjaka Pitta:Healthy, toxin-free blood.
And, when Pitta is out of balance in your body, you are susceptible to encounter the following:
- Alochaka Pitta:Bloodshot eyes, poor vision.
- Bhrajaka Pitta:Skin rashes, acne.
- Sadhaka Pitta:Demanding, perfectionist, workaholic.
- Pachaka Pitta:Acid stomach.
- Ranjaka Pitta:Early graying, anger, toxins in blood.
- Kapha dosha, in which the earth and water elements dominates. It governs all the lubrication and structure of mind and body. It helps in managing weight, lubrication and growth of all seven tissues in the body; namely nutritive fluids, muscles, marrow, fat, bones, blood and reproductive tissues.
When Kapha governs in your body, you seem to have the following:
- Tarpaka Kapha:Moisture for nose, mouth, eyes and brain.
- Bhodaka Kapha:Sense of taste, which is essential for good digestion.
- Kledaka Kapha:Moisture of the stomach lining for good digestion.
- Avalambaka Kapha:Protects the heart, strong muscles, healthy lungs.
- Shleshaka Kapha:Lubrication of the joints, soft and supple skin.
And, when Kapha is out of balance in your body, you are susceptible to encounter the following:
- Tarpaka Kapha:Sinus congestion, poor sense of smell.
- Bhodaka Kapha:Poor sense of taste, food cravings due to lack of fulfilment.
- Kledaka Kapha:Impaired digestion, poor absorption.
- Avalambaka Kapha:Lethargy, respiratory problems, lower back pain.
- Shleshaka Kapha:Weight gain, oily skin, lose or painful joints.
By understanding the qualities of our natural constitution, we are better able to do what is needed to keep ourselves in balance.
- Physical Diagnosis By Vedic Doctors
At VedicGram, we only use the most authentic and time-tested method of treating patients. Known for our proven methodologies and a series of successful case studies, the consultants, doctors and specialists at VedicGram are internationally renowned for their diagnoses. To give you a brief overview, we, by using the principles of Ayurveda use a human's pulse to check upon the diagnoses of illness. Primarily it has eight ways by which it can help gauge at one's illness; namely Nadi (pulse), Mootra (urine), Mala (stool), Jihva (tongue), Shabda (speech), Sparsha (touch), Druk (vision), and Aakruti (appearance).
An ancient science of life that dates back to 5,000 years ago, Ayurveda diagnoses pulse along with Darshana(pure observation and inspection), and Prashna(questioning) to treat and even cure end number of illnesses. A pulse is the way, the blood beats through our arteries as it paves the way from the heart. It is this blood flowing from the heart that carries all the nutrients to various cells in body. In Ayurveda, this information is carried by the body that is made of the 5 elements. Ayurveda details the affect that the five elements found in the cosmic system have in our body. These five elements are collectively called as'Panch Mahabhootas'.They are:
- Aakash (Ether)
- Vayu (Air)
- Agni (Fire)
- Aapa (Water), and
- Prithvi (Earth)
Apart from these, the sixth essential component of a human life's existence of Atma (the life spirit) sans which one's life ceases of exist.
These elements further define the three distinct ways in which the physical form functions. The psycho-physiological functioning of our body a.k.a. the Doshas form the functional principles of the body. It is these Doshas that define the quality, rhythm and overall moment of the pulse. Vata combines the elements of air and earth;Pittais fire and an aspect of water; and Kaphacombines the elements of water and earth. The rate of these Doshas is dependent upon the dominance of the particularDoshas in your body.Vatais 80-90 beats per minute,Pittais 70-80 bpm, and Kaphais 60-70 bpm. The rhythm of the pulse can be irregular or regular, defining the condition, health and overall temperament of the patient. The pulse has all in all seven levels; namely: prakriti, manas, prakriti, dhatu, prana, subdoshas, vikriti and manas vikriti.
These Doshas are the tiny movements captured in an animated graphical way by a Cardiograph. Under the ambit of Ayurvedic philosophy, VedicGram's specialists' fingers become the real receptors of the pulse, which transfer the information effectively to the heart beat - seen in a more concrete format by gauging at the Gati (movement) defined by the natural world.
- Vedic Astro Diagnosis
Horoscope is one of the most real, holistic and scientific way to determine the planetary movements and positions in the lieu of day and time, and their further effect on an individual's birth time, date and zodiac sign. All in all, Jyotisha (or Jyotishyam from Sanskrit jyotiṣa, from jyótis- "light, heavenly body") is the traditional Hindu system of astrology, also known as Hindu astrology, Indian astrology, and more recently Vedic astrology a.k.a Vedanga Jyotisha. Documented by Maharishis (learned sages) ages ago, and as one of the earliest texts about astronomy within the Vedas, the term Jyotish means the science of light, which reflects our destiny and future.
"May I see for a hundred years, live for a hundred years, hear for a hundred years! May I speak for a hundred years, live in freedom and comfort for a hundred years." - YAJURVEDA 26/24
Relevant since times immemorial, both medicine and astrology have constituted a way of life in India. The ancient Indian scriptures contain profuse system of medicine known as the Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology.Both these areas were developed as a part of lives in Ancient India, which taught how to live a healthy and peaceful life to humanity in terms of mind, body and soul upliftment.Both, Ayurveda and astrology go hand in hand and are quite inseparable.
At VedicGram, we have the esteemed service of providing astrological guidance, which help us in evaluating the root cause of the disease, time for taking the medicines and appropriate time to start the cure for any ailment.In our assessment of Vedic astrology, we look at all 12 zodiac signs orrashisrepresenting the human body parts. So, if any sign is getting affliction in some or other way, it can generate some problem to that body area.
Ayurveda also signifies the impact planets and its nature have on human health. The entire body constitution is made of Panch-Tatv; namely: the Air, Water, Fire, Earth and Sky. Each of these "tatvas" are represented by the 27 nakshatras (constellations) and the 7 planets; namely: Surya, Chandra, Mangal, Budh, Brihaspati, Shukra, & Shani.
These planets have some form of constitution on human body i.e. The Tri-doshas Vaat, Pitta & Kapha. So these 3 have to be in a balanced state for a healthy state of the entire human body (mind, body, soul). Following are the planets categorised into tri-doshas:
- Vaat: Saturn, Venus, Mercury
- Pitta: Sun, Mars, part of Mercury
- Kapha:Moon, Jupiter, Mercury and part of Venus
Any imbalance in these tri-dosha gives rise to some or the other form of ailments. In terms of Medical Astrology, when the dasha or antar-dasha of any of these disease occur, planet comes i.e. dasha of 6,8,12 houses, which might be the root cause why some of these diseases might have triggered.
By combining the power of Ayurveda and Medical astrology, VedicGram is relentlessly working towards not only finding a cure for the ailments but giving a complete physical, emotional and spiritual well-being to the people and bringing you back to nature.
- Vedic Vastu Diagnosis
A human health, as we all know, is the functional and metabolic efficiency. What we all aim to achieve in life is a life devoid of all kind of illnesses, pains or injuries. Staying fit and healthy is perhaps one of the greatest ambitions of mankind. However, with rapidly evolving times, a human is getting prone to a range of lifestyle disorder, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, liver problems, kidney problems and so on. But did you know that Vastu Diagnosis of a human can give you a permanent cure from all, and many such, above-mentioned problems?
Vastu is a gift given by Mother Nature to build an environment conducive to fulfil our life's betterment and upliftment. It is a perfect amalgamation of art and science, which help in freeing human mind from unsettlements and diseases, leading to a calmer, healthier and well-rested mind.
In Ayuredia, Vasu Shastra is broadly based upon five major elements, known as Panchabhootas. It is these panchabhootas, which determine the constituency of our entire world. Categorised as water, air, earth, fire and space; it's only by proper and Vastu-certified use of these elements that a human can attain its true benefits and advantages. Aimed at drawing and concentrating positive cosmic energy into people's lives, VedicGram's Vastu Shastra services can help in uplifting your overall health conditions, keeping diseases at bay and rejuvenating as well as enlightening your mind and soul!